Since this is a blog about the journey of my novel’s completion, you probably want to know a little bit about my novel.

My novel is called Seeking the Lost Soul. It is about a girl, Rena Eve, who moves to Boston and attends a private high school, the Miller Academy. Rena meets a descendent from the founder of the school, James Miller. Through James, Rena is reunited with her estranged father after seven years. Rena and her father grow closer. Meanwhile, he holds a secret that everyone knows about, except Rena.

Sunday, March 13, 2011

Plot Twists


Plot twists are what make fiction interesting. I love writing fiction based on reality, but with a little more of a spin on things.


I like experimenting with people’s relationships, like a girl is dating her best friend’s half-sister’s cousin, and the cousin’s best friend is an enemy of the girl. It is interesting when people’s relationships are messed up like that.


For example, I dated this guy once who was my friend’s uncle. Before you get disgusted, he was only seven months older than me. His oldest brother was 20 years older than him, and the father of my friend. I told people about the relationship all of us had, and people were interested; they would ask more questions.


But the point being, it was weird, so they were interested, and they remembered it. I learned from that experience that I should make the relationships of my characters really weird and crazy so they are remembered.


-Landman

No comments:

Post a Comment